A BIG 28! Davido Turns 28, Check Out 28 Quick Fact About Him
A BIG 28! Davido Turns 28, Check Out 28 Quick Fact About Him only on Amebo9ja.
David Adedeji Adeleke popularly known as Davido turned 28-years-Old yesterday and the whole of social media, talented singer Davido was the trend.
As the artiste added a +1 to his age, Amebo9ja have gathered some 28 quick facts you may have known or perhaps just new to you right on the article. We hope you enjoy it all.
Twenty-Eight (28) Quick Facts About Davido.
- Talented singer and Nigerian artiste, David Adedeji Adeleke was born on November 21, 1992, in Atlanta, Georgia.
- OBO father Adedeji Adeleke is a popular business magnate while his mother Vero Adeleke was a university lecturer.
- He is the youngest of five siblings and his father’s second-born son.
- Davido studied at the British International School in Lagos and at the age of 16, he relocated to Alabama, US, to study business administration at Oakwood University.
- He was a dropout. He dropped out of Oakwood University to pursue music full-time and relocated to London, where he worked on his vocals.
- Davido returned to Nigeria in 2011, paused his music career and in other to please his father he agreed to enroll at Babcock University.
- In July 2015, Davido graduated from Babcock with a degree in music after his father paid the university to start a music department for an inaugural class of one student
- He founded the record label Davido Music Worldwide (DMW) just few months after signing with Sony.
- He won Best African Act at the 2017 MOBO Awards.
- “If” by Davido won Best Pop Single and Song of the Year at The Headies 2018.
- In February 2018, Davido sold out the O2 Brixton Academy venue, performing several hit songs like –Gobe, Fans Mi, Skelewu, Aye, If, Fall, and Fia.
- Davido’s first love song, “Assurance” was released in 2018 and he dedicated the track to his girlfriend and released it to coincide with her 23rd birthday.
- He won Best International Act at the 2018 BET Awards, becoming the first African artist to receive his award on the main stage.
- In January 2019, Davido sold out The O2 Arena in London, becoming the first solo African artist to do so.
- Blow My Mind which was released on July 26, 2019 featuring Chris Brown video amassed one million views in 11 hours, topping Wizkid’s “Fever” and “Come Closer” to become the Nigerian music video to achieve this feat most quickly. It also became the Nigerian music video to gain the most views within the first 24 hours of its release.
- On August 31, 2020, OBO returned to social media after taking a three-month break .
- On 10 September 2020, Davido returned with the single, FEM.
- Davido has three children.
- He is engaged to the mother of his third child, Chioma.
- On 25 September 2020, DMW Boss signs new artist to his DMW, called Deinde, one of the contestants of MTN Project Fame West Africa.
- Davido welcomed the first female artist, Liya, to his record label.
- Davido is rumored to being a member of the Black Axe confraternity.
- Davido is the most famous nigerian artiste on Social media.
- Davido’s new Album “A better times” released in November 13th hit 100million stream on apple store after 3 days.
- In a short space of time, Davido has developed a huge fan base (14 to 28 year olds) in Nigeria, the US and the UK.
- Davido is probably one of the busiest of the new artistes in Nigeria as he has performed in some of the biggest shows this year.
- Davido has also shared the stage with famous artiste like T-Pain, Fabulous, Keith Sweat, Cabo Snoop, D’Banj, Naeto C and more.
- Davido is one the hottest Nigerian musician so far so good.