Jussie Smollett reportedly turned down additional security before attack

Author: No Comments Share:
Jussie Smollett turned down additional security before attack

Jussie Smollett reportedly turned down additional security before attack

 

Jussie Smollett didn’t want extra security in the week leading up to his attack this week.

The 35-year-old actor, who stars on “Empire,” was offered additional security by Fox when he wasn’t working on set, reports TMZ.

Jussie Smollett reportedly turned down additional security before attack
Jussie Smollett Credit: Getty Images

Last week, the television company offered to send helping hands after Smollett received a threatening letter with cutout letters reading “You will die black f-g.”

Security on set was increased after the incident, but Smollett reportedly did not want bodyguards for his time off the clock.

Late Monday, Smollett allegedly was attacked in Chicago by two men who spewed racist and homophobic slurs.

The men also doused the star with a “chemical substance” and tied a rope around his neck, police said.

Smollett was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment and was released Tuesday.

The assailants also yelled, “This is MAGA country” during the attack, claims TMZ. The police have yet to confirm that.

The crime is under investigation by the Chicago Police Department.

Previous Article

Mc Oluomo Returns To Nigeria After Medical Treatment In The Us

Next Article

I’m Lucky to Have Adekunle Gold — Said Simi

You may also like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: