Rita Dominic: Full Biography and Net Worth
RITA DOMINIC FULL NAME: Rita Uchenna Nkem Dominic Waturuocha is a Nigerian actress.
Rita Dominic hails from Abah, Mbaise Local Government of Imo State. She was born on the 12th of July, 1975 to the Royal Waturuocha family as the youngest of four children. Her father was a doctor and her mother a nurse. She attended Federal Government College, Ikop Ekpene in Akwa Ibom, Nigeria and went on to obtain a degree in Theatre Arts from the University of Port Harcourt in 1999.
Rita Dominic started her acting as early as when she was just a child. She performed in school plays and even went on to star in children’s television shows in Imo State. She made her first professional screen appearance in 1998 when she starred in the movie A Time to Kill. She has since gone on to establish herself as a talented actress with over 100 productions under her belt.
The Meeting, a 2012 Nigerian romantic comedy film which she produced bagged six nominations at the 9th Africa Movie Academy Awards. Her screen appearances has garnered her a huge fan base and has made her one of the most followed Nigerian celebrity on social media.
Awards and Nominations
Her hard work and contribution to the growth of Nollywood has bagged Rita Dominic many awards and nominations. They include:
- Outstanding Actress award at the City Peoples Awards in 2004
- Best Acress award at the 2012 Kalasha Film Festival and Television Awards Kenya
- Best Actress In a Leading Role award at the 8th Africa Movie Academy Awards in 2012
- Best Actress In Supporting role English film award at the Best of Nollywood Awards in 2013
- Best Actress in lead role award at the Nollywood Movies Awards in 2013
- Best Actress in Lead Role film award at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards in 2013
- Special Jury Mention Award at the Africa International Film Festival in 2013
- Female Producer of The Year award at the ELOY AWARDS in 2013
- Best Film award at the Nollywood Week Paris Film Festival in 2014
- Best Supporting Actress English Film award at the Best of Nollywood Awards in 2014
- Best Actress Lead Role award at the Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards in 2014
- New Era Award at the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards in 2014
- Best Actress In A Comedy award at the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards in 2015
- Best Movie Comedy award at the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards in 2015
- Best Actress – Drama/TV Series award at the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards in 2017
- Best Actress Leading Role award at the Best of Nollywood Awards in 2009
- Best Actress Leading role award at the Best of Nollywood Awards in 2010
- Best Actress lead role award at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards in 2012
- Best Actress – Africa Collaboration award at the Ghana Movie Awards in 2013
- Best Actress Lead Role award at the Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards in 2013
- Best Actress In a Leading Role award at the 9th Africa Movie Academy Awards in 2013
- Best Actress In A Supporting Role award at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards in 2014
- Movie Actress of the Year award at the ELOY Awards in 2014
- Best Actress in Drama/TV Series award at the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards in 2015
- Actress of the year (Nollywood) award at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards in 2015
- Best Supporting Actress award at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards in 2016
- Best Actress In Leading Role award at the Africa Movie Academy Awards in 2017
*Please Note that this list of awards is not exhaustive.
Rita Dominic’s net worth
Rita Dominic is one of Nollywood’s highest-earning and most sought after actors with an estimated net worth of N500 million ($1.4 million).
Rita Dominic Family, Marriage & Relationship
Throughout the years, Rita Dominic’s love life has been of so much interest to her fans. While it is apparent that the Imo State-born actress leads a very private and simple life, she has had her fair share of controversies surrounding her sexual preference.
In 2015, it was reported that the multiple award-winning actress was into a serious relationship with Michelle Dede, a German-born Nollywood actress, and Television host. Sometime in 2012, unverified sources also claimed that Rita was an old-time lesbian partner of veteran actress GENEVIVE NNAJI.
Similarly, in 2014, Dominic hit the headlines for allegedly having an affair with Benin Republic actress Ella Martins. These reports turned out to be rumours and false, as Rita, herself, claimed that the rumours all started after she featured in the movies – Last Wedding and Girls Cot.
She admitted to playing her roles very well as a lesbian in the movies but denied that she is a lesbian.
Rita Dominic is one strong woman that has been able to withstand pressures from within and outside the circle of her friends and family. She believes women shouldn’t be forced into marriage just because they are aging or men are seriously knocking.
At the moment, the actress is not married but has played at several bride roles in Nollywood productions. At first, her role in one the movies sparked off rumours that she was getting married but her fans were left disappointed after they found out she was only acting a bride role.
Rita Dominic has no children of her own. Although she was reportedly involved with several men over the years among which JIM IYKE is said to be a one.
The movie personality who has managed to keep her love life away from the public’s eye for long may have decided to come out in the open after she posted some cozy photos of herself and a man believed to be her man in the spirit of Christmas.
From what AMEBO9JA have gathered, the man above is Fidelis Anosike, the publisher of Daily Times newspaper.
RITA DOMINIC INSTAGRAM PAGE
The actress is active on instagram and has a followers of 6.8 MILLION INSTAGRAM FANS